Wapping High School:
a 11-16 Community School
Through raising aspirations, broadening horizons and encouraging better outcomes for all its students, Wapping High School builds on the individual needs of our students providing all students with a truly personalised curriculum to enable enhanced learning and the nurturing of inquisitive minds.
In 2012, the
Ethos and Values
Wapping High School promotes an inclusive ethos, in which
Every aspect of school life is guided by a moral code which encourages social awareness and respect to help students understand and meet with confidence the opportunities of our diverse and changing society. Through building positive attitudes
Wapping High School is deliberately small and has a strong sense of school community. Students from all years are organised into vertical ‘houses’ to encourage interaction across the school. Teachers know all their students individually and everyone really matters here.
Families form part of the school community and are fully involved with their children’s education. Parents, students and school work closely together to ensure that every student is encouraged to always do their best. Wapping High School’s ethos and values ensure that children are safe, healthy, positively contribute to their whole community and are encouraged to achieve economic and academic well-being in adult life.
It is a real priority for Wapping High that all our students enjoy attending school and really enjoy their learning.
Aim & Objectives
- Encourage students to be flexible, independent and resourceful learners for life.
- Set high individual expectations for every student that reflects their personal strengths and supports them to surpass their potential.
- Provide all students
theopportunity to pursue qualifications necessary for successful and interesting future careers.
- Produce confident, polite and socially responsible young adults.
- Create a school which is environmentally sustainable and financially secure.
- Strengthen community cohesion by being a keystone within the community.
- Recognise that high-quality teachers are a key asset and will be supported, rewarded and motivated to always do their best.
- Have the highest expectations of achievement from both students and staff.
- To offer a personalised learning programme with both academic and vocational learning pathways.
- To ensure that students participate in a self-assessed exploration of society and ethics as part of their curriculum.
- To embrace the role of parents and other key stakeholders in everyday school life.
- To promote a culture of innovative use of technology to enhance communication and participation.