All new Year 7 students are encouraged to enrol in the Chromebook Purchase Program and support is provided for any families that may need it . In partnership with Freedom Tech, we have negotiated a
The Equipment on Offer
The Programme is geared towards Google Chromebook Devices because Google Apps for Education are free and Google can be used on any type of device. Our preferred device comes with a ruggedized body and 3
years Advanced Repair Service, covering of any technical problems, as well as cover for accidental damage and theft. Note: devices are subject to change according to availability.
The right piece of kit
Having access to the latest technology when and where they need it gives students the very best chance of success in and beyond the classroom. But, for parents, making that investment can be a struggle and the equipment they choose may not always be in line with the schools existing systems and infrastructure.
How Technology Supports
Independent academic research undertaken in Scotland during 2013 by the University of Hull found that:
The ownership of a personal mobile device facilitates many of the pedagogical aspirations set out in Scotland’s Curriculum for Excellence framework.
The adoption of personal mobile technologies significantly increases access to technology for students, which brings many benefits for learning which include greater motivation, engagement, parental involvement, and understanding of complex ideas.
How the Device Is Funded
Parents enter into fixed monthly payments based on the term, and a cash option is also available. Both bring the following benefits:
- Spread payment with no personal credit check.
- Significant savings vs the high street.
- Full Advanced Repair Service covering for internal failure for three years.
- Full Advanced Repair Service covering for accidental damage and theft (ADT) for three years.
- When the device has been fully paid, the device then becomes yours.
How do I report a fault/damage?
Fill out a quick form for instant support.
How long can I spread the payments over?
The terms available depend on your child’s year in the school. Typically you can pay upfront or spread the payments across 36 months.
What is the excess on the Advanced Repair Cover?
There is no excess charges for the Advanced Repair Service.
Can my child use the device at home?
Yes, the student can use the device to further enhance their learning and we recommend that you set the security settings on your Wi-Fi accordingly.
When will my child receive the device?
The first ordering window typically opens in June for a period of 4 weeks and orders need to be placed by within that time.
Your first direct debit will be collected on or around the 25th July.
If you miss the first ordering window you will have a further opportunity to place an order for a device which we will share the details in the new school year.
What if my child leaves the school?
What happens at the end of the agreement?
How many devices can I order?
One device per student at the school.
What happens if I miss a payment or can no longer afford the device?
You will have to return the device; you will not own the device until the final payment is made.
What happens if I cannot afford to join the scheme?
If we feel that affordability is beyond your reach, we will happily provide your child with a Chromebook to use whilst at school. Note: Your child will not be permitted to take the Chromebook home or outside of school.
How do I make an Repair / Cover claim?
- All repair / cover claims to be logged at https://freedomtech.co.uk/help , complete the form and submit
- Once the claim has been submitted school will receive an automated email response containing your unique FTCS_XXXX reference number.
- You will then be contacted by the repair centre to organise the collection of the device. Contact made within estimated 4 hours (Monday to Friday)
- The device will be collected by a courier in a secure box on the arranged date.
- Once received at the repair centre you will be emailed with a repair tracking ref number to keep track on the progress of your claim / repair.
- Once repaired the device will be delivered back to the collection address, unless otherwise specified by the claimant.
- School then asks the Student to return the loan device to the school for school to put back in loan pool – and issues the student’s original device back to them
The average turnaround for repair is 5-7 working days.
The school will assist with the claim but it is your responsibility to make the claim.